What is Dramatherapy?
Who is Dramatherapy for?
Anyone can benefit from drama therapy and there are no requirements for any previous experience in drama or acting. Dramatherapists work with either groups or individuals in a confidential setting where focus is placed on the needs and development of the client(s).
Dramatherapy offers opportunities for healing for a wide range of clients facing different challenges, including, but not limited to:
• Emotional, social, behavioural challenges
• Mental health issues including but not limited to depression, anxiety and stress
• Low confidence and self esteem
• Developmental and attachment issues and disorders
• Bereavement, loss and change
• Special needs
• Eating disorders and self harm
• Trauma and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
• Autistic spectrum disorders
• Incarceration in prison
• Neurosis and the search for personal growth
For further reading about dramatherapy the badth website is a useful source of information: http://badth.org.uk/